These are most important changes since the 1.0-release:
- Base system is FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE, Xorg updated to 7.3.
- System totally moved to unionfs file system organization, you can edit almost all files after boot.
- Added Frenzy Extension Module support, utility for FEM creation is avaiable on FTP server.
- Added ability to boot from ISO-file on HDD
- Boot options with disabled ATAPI DMA or ATA DMA
- Loader option “mode” (select console resolution)
- Loader option “sound” (sound card auto-detection)
- Added options for work with serial console
- gcc removed from base system, it will be available as FEM module.
- More than 100 applications added (among them ntfs-3g) and 18 applications removed.
You can download the ISO here.
If you come across any bugs or problems or you want feedback, just drop a message on the Frenzy Forum.