Volker Theile has announced the third and final beta release of FreeNAS 0.686, a FreeBSD-based operating system which provides free Network-Attached Storage (NAS) services.
This will hopefully the last beta to become stable.
- Add file system check support during boot process.
- Add attribute ‘Store DOS attributes’ to Samba/CIFS WebGUI. It will be enabled by default. Thanks to pascal666.
- Modify idmap syntax in smb.conf. Thanks to Zythan.
- Upgrade Adaptec AACRAID driver to v5.2.0 Build 15317.
- Upgrade WOL patch to version from 25.11.2007.
- Add AFP share support. Thanks to Gerard Hickey.
- Upgrade netbsd-iscsi (iscsi-target) to 20071130.
- Upgrade PHPMailer to 2.0.0.
- Modify rsync client/local WebGUI to define individual source/destination paths.
- Modify rsync server WebGUI and rc-script. Now it is possible to manage rsync shares.
- Modify rc scripts. Mount points and GEli providers will be detached correctly during shutdown process.
- Add command ‘/usr/bin/nice’.
- Send hostname only on DHCP request.
- Update translation files.
- Add misc patches to Samba 3.0.26a.
- Modify iscsi-target WebGUI.
- Add ‘ro’ (read only) flag for iscsi targets.
- Add ‘compression’ checkbox to enable/disable it for SSH.
- Add ushare mime patch to fix avi playback on X360. Also add video support for avc and hdmov and audio support for 3gp and flac.
And some bugfixes.
The lasted BETA can be downloaded from SourceForge.