Some of the changes:
- Remove consolehm sensor support because it doesn’t work/recognize up-to-date hardware.
- Validate minutes/hours/days/months/week days configuration on misc WebGUI pages
The more exciting news is that work on FreeNAS 0.7 which will be based on FreeBSD 7.0 has started. According to Volker it’s going smoothly and the migration to FreeBSD 7.0 is going easier than expected. This is the current state:
- Migrate to FreeBSD 7.0: 80% done
- Migrate the internal disk/geom management and config file: 40% done (lot’s of internals function to change)
- Review all the disk/mount point management WebGUI: 0%
- Adding gjournal, ZFS and gvistor: 0%
FreeNAS also announced that Vault Networks has offered a server for FreeNAS development. This server hosts a FreeNAS Virtual Machine for online demonstration. If you’re interested in trying out FreeNAS, but don’t have any hardware available yet, have a play with the online demo. Really cool.
The arrival of FreeBSD 7.0 has set set FreeBSD based projects on fire: FreeNAS 0.7 , PC-BSD 1.6 and pfSense 1.3 are all planning to have a new version based on FreeBSD 7.0 available soon. I’d expect DesktopBSD 1.7 (or will it be 2.0?) to be based on 7.0 too.