ostatic.com recently interviewed Olivier Cochard-Labbe, FreeNAS founder, and Volker Theile, project administrator. FreeNAS is free, lightweight, open source network attached storage (NAS) server software, based on FreeBSD.
The following questions were asked:
- Who is your typical user? How do you support your users?
- How did you get involved in FreeNAS?
- How have you monetized your project thus far?
- How do you benefit from the particular license you’ve chosen?
- What does the open source movement need?
Full interview here.