The FreeNAS guys are doing a great job: another beta release in the .69 series. The forth beta upgrades the underlying FreeBSD system to 6.4.
- Upgrade to FreeBSD 6.4.
- Upgrade rsync to 3.0.4.
- Upgrade PHPMailer to 2.2.1.
- Upgrade Transmission to 1.34.
- * Add new attribute ‘Temporary directory’ to UPnP WebGUI to define a directory used to store temporary transcoded files.
- Modify /etc/rc.d/samba script.
- Add ‘Who’ combobox to RSYNC client/local jobs to select user which is used to execute this job.
- Add ‘Enable’ checkbox to RSYNC client/local jobs to enable/disable them (FR 2123243).
- Add hw.ata.to=15 to sysctrl to prevent ‘TIMEOUT – WRITE_DMA’ errors, e.g. when using APM for harddrives (FR 2101811).
Then there are still the usual bug fixes, restrictions and known bugs.
The latest beta can be downloaded here.