The FreeNAS Project announced the availability of the first release candidate for FreeNAS 0.69, a FreeBSD-based operating system which provides free Network-Attached Storage (NAS) services.
- Modify password handling for user ‘admin’. Because of that the password will be set back to the default which is ‘freenas’.
- Add quixplorer 2.3.1 to administrate file system via web browser. It is accessible via http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/quixplorer or WebGUI ‘Advanced|File Manager’. Administrator can login via user ‘admin’ and the WebGUI password. Local system users have access to /mnt only.
- Replace PHPMailer with msmtp SMTP mail client.
- Add UPS email notification.
- Upgrade lighttpd to 1.4.20.
- Upgrade e2fsprogs to 1.41.3.
- Upgrade Adaptec AACRAID 32/64-bit driver to v5.2.0 Build 15753.
- Upgrade arcconf to 5.30.17509.
- Upgrade scponly to 4.8.