Robert Watson has announced a test snapshot of OpenBSM 1.1 (alpha 5) The following are the change notes from the OpenBSM NEWS file included with this release:
- Stub libauditd(3) man page added.
- All BSM error number constants with BSM_ERRNO_.
- Interfaces to convert between local and BSM socket types and protocol families have been added: au_bsm_to_domain(3), au_bsm_to_socket_type(3), au_domain_to_bsm(3), and au_socket_type_to_bsm(3), along with definitions of constants in audit_domain.h and audit_socket_type.h. This improves interoperability by converting local constant spaces, which vary by OS, to and from Solaris constants (where available) or OpenBSM constants for protocol domains not present in Solaris (a fair number). These routines should be used when generating and interpreting extended socket tokens.
- Fix build warnings with full gcc warnings enabled on most supported platforms.
- Don’t compile error strings into bsm_errno.c when building it in the kernel environment.
- When started by launchd, use the label com.apple.auditd rather than org.trustedbsd.auditd.
This test release is known to build and run (to varying degrees) on FreeBSD 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, 8.x, Mac OS X Leopard, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, and OpenSuse Linux.
OpenBSM releases and snapshots can be downloaded from the OpenBSM website
Thanks Robert for emailing me.