Chris Buechler has announced the availability of pfSense 1.2.2, a security and bug-fix release of the FreeBSD-based firewall system:
pfSense 1.2.2 released! Only five changes from 1.2.1, but we did want to get these issues fixed and an updated version out there:
- setup wizard fix – removing BigPond from the WAN page on the setup wizard caused problems;
- SVG graphs fixed in Google Chrome;
- IPsec reload fix specific to large (100+ sites) deployments;
- bridge creation code changes – there have always been issues when attempting to bridge more than two interfaces;
- FreeBSD updates for two security advisories on January 7, 2009.
Most users on 1.2.1 won’t have any need to upgrade to 1.2.2, but if any of the above applies to you, then upgrade to this version. 1.2.2 should be used for all new installs.