The following additions and changes have been made since 0.686.4.
- Add TFTP service. It is accessible via ‘Services|TFTP’ in the WebGUI.
- Add Samba patch CVE-2008-4314.
- Upgrade nano to 2.0.9.
- Upgrade PHP to 5.2.8.
- Add WOL support for misc NIC’s. Thanks to Tobias Reber for porting WOL patch to FreeBSD 6.4.
- Upgrade nfe driver.
- Finally fixed Samba lock file problem (they are located in /var/db/samba now). You can increase the memory filesystem size for /var for LiveCD and ’embedded’ installations by modifying the rc.conf variable named ‘varsize’. This is necessary if you are running out of file space for *.tdb files (this normally happens on heavy Samba share usage with many users). The default size is 32MB.
- Replace FTP server pure-ftpd 1.0.21 with proftpd 1.3.2rc3. Please note that there can be set additional options via rc.conf variables which are not displayed in the service WebGUI. Please have a look into /etc/rc.d/proftpd script for a detailed list of options.
- Add TCP Wrappers. All applications linked against libwrap support this feature, for example services like FTP, TFTP, SSH, NFS… The rules can be configured via WebGUI ‘Network|Hosts’.
- Upgrade ATAidle to 2.4.
- Upgrade transmission to 1.42.
- Upgrade rsync to 3.0.5.
- Upgrade cdialog to 1.1.20080316.
- Upgrade msmtp to 1.4.17.
- Add ability to create a SWAP partition during installation.
- Enhance the ‘System|Advanced|Swap’ page to select a file or disk device as swap space.
- Set date in email-header when sending email.
- Add WebGUI link ‘Help|Forum’ to FreeNAS forum hosted on Sourceforge.
- Refactor ‘Access|LDAP’ WebGUI. Now it is possible to add additional options to ldap.conf via WebGUI.
- Add *.divx file extension support to Fuppes (UPnP server).
- Add FTP bandwidth limit for local and anonymous users.
- Add PHP PDO SQLite3 support.
- Display service state (running/stopped) in ‘Services|Status’.
- Add exit status for send_email function in email.subr.
- Add nfsstat for NFS diagnostics.
- Do not display links for files in Quixplorer file view.
- Add knobs to the fusefs rc.d script (NTFS support) to safely wait until all data has been written on shutdown. To enable this feature you have to set the rc.conf variables ‘fusefs_safe=YES’ and ‘fusefs_safe_evil=YES’ in ‘System|Advanced|rc.conf’.
- Display CPU temperature and frequency in ‘Status|System’ page. The frequency levels are displayed as tooltips. Please note that these values are not displayed if FreeBSD is not able to get these hardware informations via sysctl.
- Update translation files. Thanks to all translators contributing to FreeNAS.
- The ‘default gateway’ entered during the console setup is not set without doing a reboot.
- Fix file size bug in Quixplorer. PHP can not get correct file size for files larger than 2GB. See http://de.php.net/manual/en/function.filesize.php for detailed description.
- iSCSI-Target target configuration should only accept one extent or device as storage.
- If ‘Hard disk standby time’ is set for a drive, the execution of ataidle is delayed to prevent drives to spin up again during the boot process because ataidle immediately spins down the drives on execution. The delay value (default is 60 seconds) can be modified via ‘ataidle_delay’ rc.conf variable.
- Get SNMP module ‘netgraph’ working. Fixed by adding missing kernel modules.
- Static IPv6 ifconfig is set correct now in rc.conf.
- QuiXplorer incorrectly copies premissions.
- WebGUI filechooser reports incorrect file size for files > 2GB.
For permananent limitatation and limitations with regards to upgrading, check the full release announcement.