I was on holiday, hence the late announcement here.
Version 7.1 contains a number of enhancements, improvements and bugfixes from the 7.0 series.
- FreeBSD 7.2-Pre
- KDE 4.2.2
- The new KDE 4 printer applet enables users to easily add and manage printers and print jobs without using the CUPS web interface.
- The Add / Remove Programs tool and the Update Manager have been consolidated into “Software & Updates.”
- The Updater Tray has been modified into a small tray-only applet that shows users when updates are available. This is far less taxing on the CPU than its previous versions.
- FreeBSD ports and packages can now be installed in a clean localbase by utilizing the “runports” command.
- Greater stability for Flash 9 allows users to get higher quality from Flash sites such as Hulu and Youtube.
- Enhancements have been made to PC-BSD’s System Installer, including upgrade functionality for those who wish to upgrade / repair PC-BSD while preserving their user data.
- Fixes have been made to bugs in the Wi-Fi and Networking tools, as well as to previous Linux Emulation problems.