Kip Macy has committed a couple of long-discussed patches to ZFS on FreeBSD current (and 7-Stable) to increase its stability. Most paches are similar to those on OpenSolaris, and they should bring FreeBSD up to Solaris ZFS level with regards to performance and stability.
- the recurring deadlock was fixed by deferring vinactive to a dedicated thread
- zfs boot for all pool types now works
- kmem now goes up to 512GB so arc is now limited by physmem
- the arc now experiences backpressure from the vm (which can be too much – but this allows ZFS to work without any tunables on amd64)
- frequently recurring LOR in the ARC fixed
- zfs send coredump fix
- fixes for various PRs