FreeNAS 0.7.1 (Shere) was released today. This version is a maintenance release of FreeNAS 0.7 and it improves
the functions and the translations of WebGUI.
It also introduces a few new features such as
- AIO (asynchronous I/O) support in CIFS/SMB – Samba
- ATAPI CAM with iSCSI target (device pass-through)
- Custom script in Email Report
- Serial console support for headless servers/devices
- A raw device, ZFS volume for the extent of iSCSI target
- iSCSI removable device and control (DVD/tape emulation)
Other changes are:
- Upgrade e2fsprogs to 1.41.9.
- Upgrade istgt to version 20100407.
- Upgrade msmtp to 1.4.19.
- Upgrade transmission to 1.92.
- Upgrade PHP to 5.2.12 (Thanks to Xin LI).
- Upgrade fuppes to 0.660.
- Upgrade rsync to 3.0.7.
- Upgrade inadyn-mt to 02.18.14.
- Upgrade netatalk to 2.0.5.
- Upgrade bash to 4.0.35.
- Upgrade lighttpd to 1.4.26.
- Upgrade proftpd to 1.3.2e.
- Upgrade iSCSI initiator to 2.2.4.
- Upgrade sipcalc to 1.1.5.
- Upgrade nano to 2.2.3.
- Add iSCSI target removable media control.
- Modify Samba default buffer size.
- Modify Tuning values.
- Add new MIB in System|Advanced|sysctl.conf.
- Add English, Italian and Polish UTF-8 with English menu in File Manager (quixplorer) and set European language files to UTF-8.
- Set all European WebGUI languages to UTF-8.
- Restrict NFS sharing directory with alldirs.
- Add serial console support.
- Add aio(asynchronous I/O) support but default is disabled.
- Modify /mnt and /tmp permission.
- Add custom script in email report.
- Add Japanese in File Manager (quixplorer).
- Add incomplete directory in Services|BitTorrent.
For more details, have a look at the changelog.