Here’s a highlight of the issues that have been fixed since the last beta (r5606):
- Upgrades from prior FreeNAS 8 beta releases are now supported.
- zfs creation failures have been fixed. The gui would indicate it succeeded, but you couldn’t share it.
- ufs creation failures have been fixed.
- booting off USB or SCSI cdrom is now supported.
- Many disk initialization errors that showed up as odd failures have been corrected.
- lagg has been introduced.
- Errors in the network screen have been corrected.
- The storage wizard no longer says ‘of X’ when creating the storage unit. This eliminates the confusing 1 of 3 -> 2 of 2 dialog heading.
- Improved compatibility with IE and Safari.
- The installer has been streamlined.
Happy downloading and testing ;-)
FreeNAS is an embedded open source NAS (Network-Attached Storage) distribution based on FreeBSD, supporting the following protocols: CIFS (samba), FTP, NFS, TFTP, AFP, RSYNC, Unison, iSCSI (initiator and target) and UPnP.
It supports Software RAID (0,1,5), ZFS, disk encryption, S.M.A.R.T/email monitoring with a WEB configuration interface