The following video, created by the FreeNAS team, shows you how to configure FreeNAS for FTP.
FreeNAS 8.0.4-BETA2 is out for testing. Changes since 8.0.4-BETA1:
- Update transmission to 2.42 (SF r10093).
- Add MegaCLI tool (SF r10072, r10073).
- Disable periodic tasks in the base system that would negatively impact system performance on NAS boxes with large directory structures (SF r10113).
- Fix handling for ‘every day’ SMART tasks created in the GUI (SF r10088).
- Add in several robustness fixes to reduce potential for filesystem corruption on root / root device. In some scenarios this would also improve performance when fetching data from the root device as well (SF r10095, r10109, r10129).
- Fix vfs objects modules ordering so shadow copy (aka previous versions) support functions again (FN 935, FN 1186, FN 1275).
- Update samba to 3.6.3 to resolve several bugs (both security and non-security related) (SF r10127).
- Network field from iSCSI initiator could contain multiple IP addresses, CIDR addresses, or ANY keyword (SF r10082).
- Generate istgt.conf properly if and when multiple initiators were specified (SF r10081).