This snapshot provides both users and developers a means to test out new features in the upcoming PC-BSD 9.1 release. This snapshot may contain buggy code and features, so users are encouraged to run it only on non-critical systems.
Highlights in this release are:
- FreeBSD 9-STABLE from 4-11-2012
- New system installer! Greatly simplified for desktop and server installs.
- New “PC-BSD Server” installation option. Includes command-line utilities like pbi-manager, warden, metapkgmanager and more.
- Support for ZFS mirror / raidz(1,2,3) during installation.
- Support for SWAP on ZFS, allowing entire disk ZFS installation.
- Support for setting additional ZFS data-set options, such as compression, noexec, etc.
- Warden jail management integrated into system. Allows creating jails via GUI, adding packages and other administration.
- First boot setup wizard allows OEM installs to be easily performed.
- New Bluetooth paring tray / GUI utilities.
- New AppCafe improvements and preferences
- Improvements to wifi utility
- Fixed bug causing untranslated strings to show up empty.
- Numerous bug-fixes to PC-BSD related utilities
- And much more!
Should you come across any problems or issues, share them with the Team on the PC-BSD Testing Mailing List.