Changes between -RC3 and -RC4 include:
- Revert the tribute boot loader logo as the default logo.
- Fix a filesystem bug that would cause removed files to fail to dereference vnodes until the file system was forcibly unmounted and remounted.
- Fix a rtadvd(8) segmentation fault on service reload.
- Create and correct ownership and permissions of /var/authpf in the standard mtree.
- Fix a NFS deadlock.
- Stop SIOCSIFADDR, SIOCSIFBRDADDR, SIOCSIFDSTADDR and SIOCSIFNETMASK at the socket layer rather than pass them on to the link layer without validation or credential checks.
- Prevent cross-mount hardlinks between different nullfs mounts of the same underlying filesystem.
- Fix the length calculation for the final block of a sendfile(2) transmission which could be tricked into rounding up to the nearest page size, leaking up to a page of kernel memory.
The RC4 downloads are now available on the FTP servers for the amd64, i386, ia64, powerpc, powerpc64, and sparc64 architectures.