The first BETA build for the FreeBSD-10.0 release cycle is now available.
Some of the changes between -ALPHA5 and -BETA1 include:
- Introduce freebsd-version(1), which is intended to be used as an auditing tool, to determine the userland patch level when it differs from what ‘uname -r’ reports.
- Improve ZFS lzjb decompress performance.
- Add two new MIPS CPU families – mips24k and mips74k.
- The “jail_<jname>_*” rc.conf(5) variables for per-jail configuration are automatically converted to /var/run/jail.<jname>.conf before the jail(8) utility is invoked, so the new jail.conf(5) syntax is used. o Remove most of the ATF tools and the _atf user.
- Updates to random(4).
- Updates to bsdinstall(8).
Check the announcement for the full release notes, download and installation instructions