Glen Barber announced FreeBSD 10.0 Beta 4 on the FreeBSD Stable mailinglist earlier today.
The fourth BETA build for the FreeBSD-10.0 release cycle is now available. ISO images for the amd64, i386, ia64, powerpc, powerpc64 and sparc64 architectures are available on most of our FreeBSD mirror sites.
FreeBSD 10.0 Beta 4 is available for amd64, i386, ia64, PowerPC, PowerPC64, and SPARC64 architectures and can be downloaded here for testing purposes.
FreeBSD 10.0 is running behind the original schedule which was already very optimistic. However, the wait will be worth it as version 10 comes packed with new features. Releasing a properly tested version is far more important than rushing out a half-baked product in order to stick to a release schedule. Three Release Candidates are expected to see the light in December with a 10.0-Release planned for the turn of the year.
Changes between -BETA3 and -BETA4 include:
- Add preliminary support for RTL8106E, RTL8168G, RTL8168GU, RTL8411B, and RTL8168EP.
- Enable fingerprint checking in pkg(8) for FreeBSD-provided binary packages.
- Remove the WITH_LIBICONV_COMPAT build option.
- Update nvi to 2.1.2.
- Various iconv(3) fixes.
- Fix mergemaster -U by forcing FreeBSD 9 compatiblity in mtree when mtree is nmtree.
- Fix to freebsd-update(8) in generating the list of old files/directories versus new files/directories (FreeBSD-EN-13:05.freebsd-update).