Changes and problems fixed between 4.0-ALPHA3 and 4.0-BETA1 include:
- Switch from cpio to rsync for copying file on the installation.
- The kernel is now writable on the live DVD which solves graphic card kernel loading for Intel and ATI.
- Updated FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE to FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE-p3.
- Network with “Live Image” does not work in Virtualbox or VMware Workstation / Player – workaround is to install the OS.
- GBI allow users to summit partition without root(/) partition.
Issues fixed that need testing:
- Installer failed to copy files on virtual machine.
- Xorg failed to load MATE.
For the official announcement and download link, head on over to the following: http://ghostbsd.org/4.0-beta1