All bugs fixed in FreeNAS 18.104.22.168-RC can be found here.
The major items of interest are mentioned in the ReleaseNotes here.
These items include:
- Samba is updated to 4.1.9
- Netatalk is updated to 3.1.2
- Several fixes related to the System Dataset
- A new VirtualBox jail template
- Several fixes related to ZFS replication
- A new mpr driver, officially sanctioned by LSI, for the LSI 12 Gbps SAS HBA
- An experimental in-kernel iSCSI target
- A .usb file which can be imaged to a USB key. This can be used for installing FreeNAS from a USB key.
- various iSCSI fixes
- scponly shell has been fixed
- SMB2 protocol is the default for CIFS shares
- VirtualBox template updated to 4.3.12
Since the last 22.214.171.124-RC, additional items have been fixed including:
- Samba updated from 4.1.8 to 4.1.9
- Security fixes in file(1) and libmagic(3), and gss_pseudo_random interoperability issue. CVE-2013-7345, CVE-2014-1943, CVE-2014-2270, [EN-14:08]
- other fixes
Please provide feedback on this RC. If no major problems are found, we will release 126.96.36.199-RELEASE in approximately 14 days.
To download the ISO/image files, head over to the following: http://download.freenas.org/188.8.131.52/RC2/
The official announcement post is here: http://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/freenas-9-2-1-6-rc2-is-now-available.21849/