The developers of GhostBSD have made available version 10.1 release. Notable changes are a hybrid USB/DVD image, the return of XFCE, a choice of boot managers to install, OctoPkg update, Station Update Manager, and more. See below for full release notes, and download the ISO here.
After a year of development, testing and debugging we are pleased to announce the release of GhostBSD 10.1 MATE & XFCE which is available on SourceForge and torrents for the amd64 and i386 architectures.
What’s new in GhostBSD 10.1
- GhostBSD ISO image is hybrid that can be burn on DVD or USB stick
- XFCE is coming back
- Users can chose to install the BSD boot manager, Grub boot manager or simply None and use their Linux Grub
- Station Tweak a fork of Mate Tweak
- OctoPkg GUI frontend for pkgng written in Qt
- Station Update Manager to update FreeBSD base system and third party software
- Software from pkg or ports can be installed in the live DVD/USB session
- VT Console by default
- Instant verification for user and root to know if the password is strong and match on the system installer
- Host name and user name auto completion when typing the real name
What changed in GhostBSD 10.1
- The installer partition editor UI and partitioning have been greatly improved
- SpiderOak has been removed from the default system
- GDM is replacing PCDM for more functionalities
- Wifimgr is now fully replaced by Networkmgr
What has been fix.
- The installation process failed to copy
- Radon/ATI and Intel issue
- Mouse integration suport for VirtualBox
- The installer GPT partition problem
- Some installer text error
Where to download:
The image checksums, hybrid ISO(DVD, USD) images are available here:
Writing the iso to a USB stick
dd if=GhostBSD10.1-RELEASE-20150912-mate-i386.iso of=/dev/da0 bs=1m
dd if=GhostBSD10.1-RELEASE-20150912-mate-i386.iso of=/dev/sdf bs=1M
We encourage you to use our new issue system build with MantisBT http://issues.ghostbsd.org/main_page.php.