This tutorial by user sdebnath shows us how to get VLAN set up in a FreeBSD jail. See the link below for the full instructions.
This article discusses how to set up jails on a FreeBSD 11-CURRENT system utilizing VIMAGE (aka VNET) to provide a virtualized independent network stack for each jail with support for VLAN tagging.
- You have a machine installed with FreeBSD 11-CURRENT on ZFS.
- We will be building world and kernel and using that as the base for the jails. Hence basic knowledge of FreeBSD system administration is assumed. If you’ve never compiled and installed a FreeBSD base system and kernel, this article may be hard to follow. Refer to the FreeBSD Handbook, especially chapter 8: ‘Configuring the FreeBSD Kernel’ and chapter 23: ‘Updating and Upgrading FreeBSD’.
- Your host’s ethernet interface is em0.
- Your IP network is 192.168.6.0/24 with gateway at 192.168.6.1.
- The host will be assigned IP 192.168.6.66.
- The guest jails will be assigned IPs in the range 192.168.6.100-254.
- VLAN ID for all network interfaces will be 6.
- Jails will be stored in ZFS datasets under /jail directory.
Full tutorial: https://gist.github.com/sdebnath/086874c5df8b68e0df69