The FreeBSD Release Engineering Team is pleased to announce the availability of FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE. This is the second release of the stable/11 branch.
Some of the highlights:
- Clang, LLVM, LLD, LLDB, and libc++ have been updated to version 4.0.0.
- Many third-party (contributed) software updates, such as the Elf Tool Chain, ACPICA, libarchive(3), ntpd(8), unbound(8), and more.
- Support for blacklistd(8) has been added to OpenSSH.
- The zfsbootcfg(8) utility has been added, providing one-time boot.config(5)-style options for zfsboot(8).
- The efivar(8) utility has been added, providing an interface to manage UEFI variables.
- Support for Microsoft® Hyper-V™ Generation 2 virtual machines has been added.
- The ena(4) driver has been added, providing support for “next generation” Enhanced Networking on the Amazon® EC2™ platform.
- The NFS client now supports the Amazon® Elastic File System™ (EFS).
- The EFI loader can now access remote files via TFTP in addition to NFS as a runtime configuration option.
- ZFS now stores compressed data in cache, improving cache hit rates and performance.
- Several updates to provide build reproducibility.
Official announcement: https://www.freebsd.org/releases/11.1R/announce.html
FreeBSD 11.1 release notes: https://www.freebsd.org/releases/11.1R/relnotes.html