The developers of FreeBSD have officially made available version 11.2-RELEASE. This release features updates to OpenSSH, OpenSSL, clang, llvm, lldb, libarchive(3), libxo(3), KDE, GNOME, and various device driver, kernel, userland, and library updates. New utilities added are dwatch(1), efibootmgr(8), etdump1(). You may view the full list of changes at the link below. Download the ISO/image for FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE here.
The FreeBSD Release Engineering Team is pleased to announce the availability of FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE. This is the third release of the stable/11 branch.
Some of the highlights:
- OpenSSH has been updated to version 7.5p1.
- OpenSSL has been updated to version 1.0.2o.
- The clang, llvm, lldb and compiler-rt utilities have been updated to version 6.0.0.
- The libarchive(3) library has been updated to version 3.3.2.
- The libxo(3) library has been updated to version 0.9.0.
- Device driver updates to cxgbe(4), ixl(4), and ng_pppoe(4), and the new mlx5io(4), ocs_fw(4), and smartpqi(4) drivers have been added.
- The dwatch(1), efibootmgr(8), and etdump(1) utilities have been added.
- Various miscellaneous kernel, userland application, and library updates.
- KDE has been updated to version 4.14.3.
- Gnome has been updated to version 3.18.0.
For a complete list of new features and known problems, please see the online release notes and errata list, available at:
Official announcement: https://www.freebsd.org/releases/11.2R/announce.html
r/FreeBSD discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/freebsd/comments/8u1p2x/freebsd_112release_is_now_available/