The developers of NomadBSD have made available version 1.1. NomadBSD is an live 64bit system dedicated to run on USB drives, and is based on the open-source operating system FreeBSD. You may download the image file from here.
Changes since 1.0.1
- Base system has been upgraded to FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE
- Basic support for MacBooks has been added
- A script for loading the matching DRM driver from graphics/drm-stable-kmod for Radeon GPUs has been added. Together with x11-drivers/xf86-video-amdgpu more recent AMD Radeon chipsets should now work out of the box.
- For all Intel GPUs the new i915kms from graphics/drm-stable-kmod is now used.
- x11-drivers/xf86-video-scfb and x11-drivers/xf86-video-vesa have been added as fallback drivers.
- Autodetection of the VirtualBox pseudo GPU has been added.
- Fallback configuration of SCFB
- EFI booting has been fixed.
- Support for modern Intel GPUs has been added.
- Support for installing packages has been added.
- Improved setup menu.
- More software packages:
DistroWatch review: https://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20180813#nomadbsd