User vermaden shows us how to get GlusterFS Cluster set up on your FreeBSD operating system, along with Ansible and GNU Parallel. GlusterFS is a network file system designed for scalable cloud storage. See the link below for the full set of instructions.
Here are its advantages:
- Scales to several petabytes.
- Handles thousands of clients.
- POSIX compatible.
- Uses commodity hardware.
- Can use any ondisk filesystem that supports extended attributes.
- Accessible using industry standard protocols like NFS and SMB.
- Provides replication/quotas/geo-replication/snapshots/bitrot detection.
- Allows optimization for different workloads.
- Open Source.
It will be entirely VirtualBox based and it will consist of 6 hosts. To not create 6 same FreeBSD installations I used 12.0-RELEASE virtual machine image available from the FreeBSD Project directly: ….