The maintainer madpilot has updated the Conky port to the latest available version on FreeBSD. Conky allows you to customize an information box and display computer stats, email notifications, music players, and many other things. Check out the FreshPorts page below, or the GitHub project to follow any updates.
Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any kind of information on your desktop. Conky can display more than 300 built-in objects, including support for:
- A plethora of OS stats (uname, uptime, CPU usage, mem usage, disk usage, “top” like process stats, and network monitoring, just to name a few).
- Built-in IMAP and POP3 support.
- Built-in support for many popular music players (MPD, XMMS2, Audacious).
- Can be extended using built-in Lua support, or any of your own scripts and programs (more).
- Built-in Imlib2 and Cairo bindings for arbitrary drawing with Lua (more).
- Runs on Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, DragonFlyBSD, NetBSD, Solaris, Haiku OS, and macOS!
… and much much more.
Conky on FreshPorts: https://www.freshports.org/sysutils/conky
Conky on GitHub: https://github.com/brndnmtthws/conky