To give this RC a test-drive you can download it from:
Some of the changes since RC1 are:
- The mail subsystem has been rewritten due to major interop issues with the previous implementation of the mail subsystem and various mail server setups (including gmail). This was done by removing msmtp and replacing it’s functionality with python code.
- The iSCSI target daemon (istgt) has been updated to address interoperability issues with VMWare ESXi 5.0
- Fix a bug where a failed upgrade after a config was uploaded was resulting in the system “reverting” to using the uploaded config instead of the previous running config.
- Save config now uses a hostname/date combo in the file name.
- Fix a bug with replacing devices in place.
- Add a confirmation password field for dyndns.
- If the webgui can’t bind to the address specified in the GUI bind to the wildcard. Set an alert if this is done.
- Add a save debug button in the system -> advanced GUI to ease collecting diagnostic information when shell access isn’t configured.
- Allow an interface to accept tagged and untagged packets.
- Improvements to ataidle.
- Reverse the list for ipv4 netmask.
- Fix openldap authenticating against servers that require SSL/STARTTLS
- Build python with a larger stack size. This should solve intermittent
- django stability issue
- Move the USB 3 driver to a module so it can be disabled for hardware that has issues booting with the module enabled.
- Allow the iSCSI extent file browser to show files.
- Allow iSCSI extents to be used by one target->extent mapping.
- Restrict the iSCSI target name to values allowed by the target and the RFC covering iqns.
- Restart collectd properly when volumes are created or destroyed.
- Make timezone changes take effect immediately in django.
- Use the file browser for editing iSCSI file extents.
- Ensure that the selection for an iSCSI file extent is a file and not a directory.
- Allow auto-importer to work when there are zpools that contain subsets of
- each other’s names. eg: tank and tank2
- Update django to 1.3.1 to address multiple security vulnerabilities.
- Fix a bug where the system would attempt to change permissions from an unknown user to root:wheel.
- Disable building the weekly locate database.