Volker Theile has announced the availability of the second beta release of FreeNAS 0.69, a tiny FreeBSD-based operating system which provides free Network Attached Storage (NAS) services.
- Upgrade e2fsprogs to 1.41.0.
- Upgrade fusefs-ntfs/ntfs-3g to 1.2531.
- Upgrade Samba to 3.0.30.
- Add ‘perms’ and ‘xattrs’ parameter to RSYNC client/local shares.
- Allow user to add additional parameters to RSYNC client/local shares.
- Modified WebGUI look & feel.
- Add ctorrent client (No WebGUI, only console support).
- Disable splashscreen because it causes reboots on some systems.
- Keep time zone informations up to date (BR 2034132).
- Upgrade rsync to 3.0.3.
- Enable WLAN interface setup via console.
- Add ‘Loewe Connect’ UPnP support (FR 2003278).
- Modify iSCSI-Target WebGUI. This will hopefully reduce ‘Extent’ configuration problems.
- Disallow adding duplicate named CIFS/SMB and AFP shares.
- Rename environment variable used by /etc/rc.d/rsync_client and rsync_local scripts to rsync_client_logfile and rsync_local_logfile.
- If ‘Recycle bin’ has been enabled for a CIFS/SMB share the ‘.recycle’ directory will be created with 0777 permissions. A subdir will be created for each user with 0700 permissions.
- Add ‘mount_smbfs’ command.