Today the release of FreeNAS 0.686b1 has been anounced via the mailinglist. Version o.685RC2 has been skipped because all its improvements and fixes are also included in 0.686b1.
- Upgrade fusefs-ntfs to 1.1004.
- Upgrade lighttpd to 1.4.18.
- Upgrade netbsd-iscsi (iscsi-target) to 20070925.
- Refactor GEOM-Eli implementation + WebGUI. Now it is possible to add existing encrypted disks and change passwords for a encrypted disk.
- Improve device detection for configuration storage when booting from LiveCD.
- Update zoneinfo files.
- Add ‘System/Packages’ WebGUI page to administrate packages (only available in ‘full’ install mode).
- Add LDAP Authentication.
- Add email status report.
- Add ‘Status/Report’ WebGUI page to administrate email status report.
- Upgrade iSCSI Target to version 20070925.
- Update ‘iSCSI Target’ WebGUI + services. Now it is possible to expand existing targets and define RAID0 and RAID1 devices. It is also possible to use disk devices as extents.
- Refactor complete user/group management (code, services & WebGUI).
- Add scheduled reboot feature.
- Add ‘System/Advanced/Cron’ WebGUI to administrate additional cron jobs.