The developers of GhostBSD have made available version 10.1 release. Notable changes are a hybrid USB/DVD image, the return of XFCE, a choice of boot managers to install, OctoPkg update, Station Update Manager, and more. See below for full release notes, and download the ISO here.
After a year of development, testing and debugging we are pleased to announce the release of GhostBSD 10.1 MATE & XFCE which is available on SourceForge and torrents for the amd64 and i386 architectures.
What’s new in GhostBSD 10.1
- GhostBSD ISO image is hybrid that can be burn on DVD or USB stick
- XFCE is coming back
- Users can chose to install the BSD boot manager, Grub boot manager or simply None and use their Linux Grub
- Station Tweak a fork of Mate Tweak
- OctoPkg GUI frontend for pkgng written in Qt
- Station Update Manager to update FreeBSD base system and third party software
- Software from pkg or ports can be installed in the live DVD/USB session
- VT Console by default
- Instant verification for user and root to know if the password is strong and match on the system installer
- Host name and user name auto completion when typing the real name
What changed in GhostBSD 10.1