The developers of GhostBSD have made available version 10.1 BETA2. Some changes noted are hybrid ISO image for DVD/USB, XFCE re-added, UI improvement of installer partition editor, options to choose boot manager, and more.
We are pleased to announce the availability GhostBSD 10.1 BETA2 MATE & XFCE which is available on SourceForge for the amd64 and i386 architectures.
Before going further I will like to say a special thanks Ovidiu who recently join back the project and Andrea who join the project, they have help to make GhostBSD better, add up new feature and fixed issue.
Changes and fix between 10.1-BETA1 and 10.1-BETA2 include:
- GhostBSD ISO image is hybrid that can be install on DVD or USB stick
- XFCE as been added back to the project
- The installer partition editor have been improved at the UI and at the system level
- The user can chose to install the BSD boot manager, Grub boot manager or simply None and use their Linux Grub
- The installation process failed to copy has been improved and fix
- Software from pkg or ports can be now installed from live DVD/USB session
- PCDM Locales and Keyboard Layout are now functional
- Some Radon/ATI and Intel issue has been fix
- Qt development tool has been removed from the default system
- SpiderOak has been removed from the default system
Where to download:
The image checksums, hybrid ISO(DVD, USD) images are available here: