Will Backman from BSDTalk has uploaded another interview (the 3rd) with Dru Lavigne. She talks about her new book “The Best of FreeBSD Basics“, the upcoming BSDA exam and the Open Source Business Resource.
Some quick links that you may want to check out.
- How to upgrade to FreeBSD 6.2 to 6.3-RELEASE (Peter V)
- Creating and managing a jailed virtual host in FreeBSD (Open Addict)
- Managing multiple FreeBSD Systems (Open Addict)
- bsdtalk138 – Central Syslog (BSD Talk – podcast)
- Squeeze your Gigabit NIC for top performance (Enterprise Networking Planet)
LinuxReality.com (a site with Linux related podcasts – similar to the BSD focused bsdtalk.blogspot.com) has posted a podcast (episode 84) that focuses on Linux and (network) security. In this episode Paul Asadoorian and Larry Pesce of the Pauldotcom Security Weekly Podcast are interviewed.
Amongst the many things discussed, M0n0wall and pfSense are also mentioned.
The FreeBSD network stack virtualization project aims at extending the FreeBSD kernel to maintain multiple independent instances of networking state. This will allow for complete networking independence between jails on a system, including giving each jail its own firewall, virtual network interfaces, rate limiting, routing tables, and IPSEC configuration. This project is focused at virtualizing the networking stack in FreeBSD -CURRENT.
For more information and downloading, please refer to the project page
BSDTalk has a podcast with Marko Zec at EuroBSDCon 2007.