Check out this nice 3D model representing all of the FreeBSD commits (via Github) throughout the year 2015. The stats are as follows:
The FreeBSD Ports Tree was created by Jordan Hubbard on August 21, 1994. Today marks 20 years since the ports tree started, and it has since grown to over 500 committers and over 24,000 ports. This creative video is a tribute sponsored by BSDFrance.
If I have missed out any updates that you are excited about, please share with us all in the comments below.
- Samsung Exynos 5 now seeing 2Gb RAM
- DTrace updates from Illumos
- bhyve fixes and updates
- Random Number Generator changes and here, here, here and many more
- A lot of little changes and bug fixes
- a number of CLANG related updates
- pbi-manager10 changes and updates
- pbi10 format changes
- Many open tickets fixed, checked and closed
- Netatalk updated to v3.0
- Linux Jail detection
- cxgbe firmware modules updated
- netcli enabled for bhyve
- PBI Manager updates
Will pfSense rebrand? (link)
- Work on the 22.214.171.124 branch has started (link)
- On the 126.96.36.199 branch php was updated to 5.5.4, zoneinfo to 2013g, Samba to 3.6.19 and lighttpd to 1.4.33.
- Refactor to FreeBSD 8.4.