The developers of PC-BSD have made available the first release candidate for version 10.2, following along with FreeBSD’s most recent update. Download the ISO/USB image from the link below or from here.
The PC-BSD team is pleased to announce the availability of RC1 images for the upcoming 10.2 release. Please test these images out and report any issues found on our bug tracker: https://bugs.pcbsd.org
PC-BSD 10.2 Notable Changes
- FreeBSD 10.2 base system
- Many bugfixes and enhancements to installer to dual-boot setups
- New CD-sized network installation media, with Wifi Configuration via GUI
- Switched to “iocage” for jail management backend
- Disk Manager GUI now available via installer GUI
- Bug-fixes and improvements to Life-Preserver replications
- Improved localization options for login manager
- Options to Enable / Disable SSHD or IPv6 at installation
- New “Plugins” system for AppCafe, allowing download of pre-built jail environments
- Improvements to look-n-feel of AppCafe for package management
- Improved fonts and better support for 4K monitor setups
- Enterprise package repo, which only has security updates, allowing users to run a server / desktop or jail with fairly consistent package versions.
- FireFox 39.0
- Chromium 43.0.2357.134
- Thunderbird 38.1.0
- Lumina 0.8.6
Users currently running the EDGE package repo can now update their packages via the updater GUI or “pc-updatemanager” utility to be brought up to date with RC1. Updates for users on the 10.1.2 / PRODUCTION repo will be available once 10.2-RELEASE is announced.
10.2-RC1 DVD/USB media can be downloaded from the following URL via HTTP or Torrent. http://download.pcbsd.org/iso/10.2-RELEASE/edge/amd64/
Found a bug in 10.2? Please report it (with as much detail as possible) to our bugs database. https://bugs.pcbsd.org