The developers of PC-BSD have released Lumina Desktop version 0.8.3.
The next version of the Lumina Desktop Environment has just been released!
This is mainly a bugfix release to correct an urgent issue with the system tray on FreeBSD 11, but there are a number of other slight improvements/updates included as well. The full list of changes is included at the bottom of this announcement, but the notable changes are as follows:
- New Panel Plugin: “Application Launcher“
- This allows the user to pin the shortcut for an application directly to a panel.
- New Utility: “lumina-xconfig“
- This utility allows the user to easily enable/disable additional monitors/screens within the desktop session.
- Fix the issue with transparent system tray icons on FreeBSD 11
- Add support for the XDG autostart specifications.
The FreeBSD port has already been updated and this version will be included in the next set of PC-BSD package updates (“Edge” packages being created now) as well as included in the next PC-BSD 11 image for April (coming soon).
Reminder: The Lumina desktop environment is still considered to be “beta-quality”, so if you find things that either don’t work or don’t work well, please report them on the PC-BSD bug tracker so that they can get fixed as soon as possible. Feel free to also post tickets for any feature requests or improvements that you think might be useful!